SharePoint Online: How to Check a Group’s Permissions in a Site?
Requirement: Check Group Permission in SharePoint Online.
How to Check SharePoint Online Group Permissions?
SharePoint permissions determine who has access to the resources in a site and what actions they can perform. SharePoint groups may be granted permission anywhere in a site collection. Checking group permissions in SharePoint Online is crucial for ensuring that your site is secure and that users can perform the necessary actions.
Here is how to view a group’s permission assignments:
- Login to your SharePoint Online site >> Click on Gear Icon >> Site Settings from the Settings menu.
- On the Site Settings page, click on the “People and Groups” link under the “Users and Permissions” section.
- Click the name of the group in the left navigation.
- On the Groups page, Select Settings >> View Group Permissions option
- The View Site Collection Permissions page appears; it displays the sites, lists, libraries, folders, files, etc., where the group is assigned permissions and the permission levels associated with the group. In conclusion, checking group permissions in SharePoint Online is a simple process that can be done through the Site Settings page, as explained above. By regularly checking and managing group permissions, you can ensure that your site remains secure and that users have the necessary access to perform their tasks.
3 thoughts on “SharePoint Online: How to Check a Group’s Permissions in a Site?”
Do we have a API to get the group site collection permission?
We are currently on SharePoint 2013, but we are upgrading to 2019 in a few months. In 2013, this feature (View Group Permissions) is not present for Active Directory groups. We have chosen to use only AD-managed groups for SharePoint permissioning for ease of maintenance and elimination of duplicate efforts. It’s unfortunate that SharePoint doesn’t support this feature for AD groups. Do you happen to know if it works in newer versions of SharePoint?
Nope! AD Managed Groups are not supported by SharePoint 2019 even.