Requirement: Export SharePoint Online group members to Excel
How to Export SharePoint Online Group Members to Excel?
Have you ever wanted to export all members of a SharePoint Online group to Excel? Well, here is how you can do that:
- Login to Site Collection >> Navigate to Site Settings
- Click on “People and Groups” link and pick the desired group to get group members . Now the URL should look like: Https://crescent.sharepoint.com/sites/marketing/_layouts/15/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=4 , We need the ID of the group to retrieve all members of a SharePoint Online group. The value of “MembershipGroupId” parameter is the ID of the group. In this case, its : 4
- Now frame the URL: (Replace YourTenant and GroupID values with yours) https://YOURTENANT.sharepoint.com/_api/Web/SiteGroups/getbyid(GROUPID)/Users
- Open Microsoft Excel >> under “Data” tab, Click “From OData Data Feed” link.
- Enter the URL you framed and click on “Next”. In my case it was: https://crescent.sharepoint.com/_api/Web/SiteGroups/getbyid(4)/Users
- In the data connection wizard, Select the “Users” table and click on Next button.
- Provide a name to your connection and click on the “Finish” button.
- Now, Excel pulls the data and populates the Excel sheet with all members of the group and their details such as: ID, Login Name, Title, Email, etc.
Here is my another post on PowerShell way to export members from all groups: SharePoint Online: Export Group Members to Excel using PowerShell