Requirement: Export SharePoint Online group members to Excel.
How to Export SharePoint Online Group Members to Excel?
Have you ever wanted to export all members of a SharePoint Online group to Excel? Maybe you want to create a report or simply want to audit the SharePoint groups and their members or track changes to the membership over time. In this guide, I’ll walk you through the process of exporting group members to Excel without using PowerShell or any 3rd party tools. Here is how you can do that:
- Login to Site Collection >> Navigate to Site Settings.
- Click on the “People and Groups” link and pick the desired group to get group members. The URL should look like this: https://crescent.sharepoint.com/sites/marketing/_layouts/15/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=4, We need the ID of the group to retrieve all members of a SharePoint Online group. The value of “MembershipGroupId” parameter is the ID of the group. In this case, its: 4
- Now frame the URL: (Replace YourTenant and GroupID values with yours) https://YOURTENANT.sharepoint.com/_api/Web/SiteGroups/getbyid(GROUPID)/Users
- Open Microsoft Excel >> under “Data” tab, Click “From OData Data Feed” link.
- Enter the URL you framed and click on “Next”. In my case it was: https://crescent.sharepoint.com/_api/Web/SiteGroups/getbyid(4)/Users
- In the data connection wizard, select the “Users” table and click on the Next button.
- Provide a name to your connection and click on the “Finish” button.
- Now, Excel pulls the data and populates the Excel sheet with all members of the group and their details, such as ID, Login Name, Title, Email, etc.
Here is another post on PowerShell way to export members from all groups: SharePoint Online: Export Group Members to Excel using PowerShell