SharePoint Online: Display User Name in Top Navigation Suite Bar
Requirement: Display user name in the top navigation bar in SharePoint Online.
How to Display User Name in the Top Navigation Bar?
By default, SharePoint Online displays the user’s profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen. If there is no profile picture available, then the logged-in user gets the initials of the display name. To show the logged-in user’s display name next to the profile picture in SharePoint Online, do the following:
- Login to Office 365 Admin Center at https://admin.microsoft.com
- Click on Settings >> Org Settings.
- On the Org Settings page, click on the “Organization Profile” tab at the top and then click on the “Custom themes” link.
- In the custom themes property panel, scroll down and select the “Show the user’s display name” checkbox at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Save changes” to apply your settings.
Here is what it looks like in SharePoint Online:
If you want to hide the display name, you can turn it off by using the same steps and unchecking the “Show the user’s display name” checkbox again.