Create a Web Part Page in SharePoint Online
Requirement: Create a new web part page in SharePoint Online.
How to Create a Web Part Page in SharePoint Online?
In SharePoint Online, a web part page is a type of page that allows you to add and customize web parts, which are small reusable components that can display content, perform specific tasks, or functionality on a page. This can include things like text, images, lists, calendars, and more. By creating a web part page, you can quickly and easily build a custom page that meets the specific needs of your team or organization. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of creating a web part page in SharePoint Online, so that you can start building dynamic and interactive pages for your team or organization.
To create a web part page in SharePoint Online, you can follow these steps:
- Navigate to the SharePoint site where you want to create the web part page.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the page, and then select “Site contents” from the menu.
- Open “Site Pages” Library >> Click on the “New” button, and then select “Web part page” from the options.
- Provide a name for your page, select the layout and library for the web part page, and then click on “Create”.
- Once the page is created, you can add web parts to it by clicking on the “Add a Web Part” link. You can also use the “Insert” tab, and then select the type of web part you want to add. E.g., “Content Editor” web part.
- Once the web part is added, you can configure them as desired. E.g., If you add a content editor web part, set its content to display.
- Finally, click on “Stop Editing” to save your changes. Click the “Publish” button in the ribbon to make the changes visible to all users.
Creating a web part page in SharePoint Online is a great way to display large amounts of information and content in an attractive, interactive format. Following the steps outlined above, you can easily create and share a custom web part page in SharePoint Online.