Problem: SharePoint Online quick edit missing!
How to Enable Quick Edit in SharePoint Online?
The “Edit in grid view” feature provides a flexible Excel-like interface to bulk edit/update list items in SharePoint Online. The Quick Edit feature allows users to quickly and easily edit the metadata of a list or library. Quick Edit allows users to edit multiple items at once, making it a useful tool for updating and maintaining data in SharePoint.
What if the Quick Edit is disabled? In this guide, we will show you how to enable Quick Edit in SharePoint Online, so that you and your team can quickly and easily make updates to your lists and libraries.
Here is the troubleshooting checklist to fix SharePoint Online’s quick edit missing issue:
- Check if Quick Edit is enabled: To enable quick edit in SharePoint Online, you need to navigate to List Settings >> Advanced settings page >> Scroll down and under the quick edit option, choose “Yes” and then click OK.
- Remove the Group By: If you have “Group by” enabled in your list views, You got to remove it! If you group list or library items in SharePoint Online, the quick edit option is disabled. Remove the “Group By” selection by setting it to none.
- Change the View style to default: Changing the view style to “Shaded”, “Newsletter”, or something else disables Quick Edit. Change it to “default” in view settings.
- Enable ‘Allow individual item” check boxes: In view settings, make sure, “Allow Individual Items Checkboxes” is enabled.
- Calculated columns won’t work in quick edit.
- If you have multiple lines of text field, make sure it’s set to plain text. Otherwise, You won’t be able to edit the filed value in Quick edit.
If quick edit missing in SharePoint On-premises, refer: Fix: Quick Edit Disabled in SharePoint Issue
In conclusion, enabling the Quick Edit feature in SharePoint Online is a simple process that can be accomplished by following a few steps. By going to the SharePoint site, and navigating to the list or library settings, you can turn on the Quick Edit option. This allows more efficient editing of items and documents in a list or library. By enabling the Quick Edit feature, users can make changes directly from the view, which can save time and improve the user experience.