Problem: SharePoint Online quick edit missing!
How to Enable Quick Edit in SharePoint Online?
Here is the troubleshooting checklist to fix the quick edit missing issue in SharePoint Online.
- Check if Quick Edit is enabled: To enable quick edit in SharePoint Online, you need to navigate to List Settings >> Advanced settings page >> Scroll down and under the quick edit option, choose “Yes” and then click OK.
- Remove the Group By: If you have Group by enabled in your list views, You got to remove it! If you group list or library items in SharePoint Online, quick edit option is disabled. remove “Group By” selection by setting it to none.
- Change the View style to default: Changing view style to “Shaded”, “Newsletter” or something else disables Quick Edit. Change it to “default” in view settings.
- Enable ‘Allow individual item” check boxes: In view settings make sure, “Allow Individual Items Check boxes” is enabled.
- Calculated columns won’t work in quick edit.
- If you have multiple lines of text field, make sure it’s set to plain text. Otherwise, You won’t be able to edit the filed value in Quick edit.
If quick edit missing in SharePoint On-premises, refer: Fix: Quick Edit Disabled in SharePoint Issue