Microsoft SharePoint Online is a cloud-based platform that allows users to store documents and collaborate on projects with others. If you’re a first-time user of SharePoint, you may be wondering how to access it and the procedure for logging in. Logging into SharePoint Online can seem intimidating at first. However, it becomes very simple once you get the hang of the basics. If you are just getting started with SharePoint Online, this guide will help you understand how to log in and get started navigating the platform.
Login to SharePoint Online
The SharePoint Online sites are typically located at Domain.SharePoint.com (substitute Domain with your domain appropriately). You can directly open this URL and enter your credentials when prompted. You will then be taken directly to your SharePoint Online sites. To log in to SharePoint Online, you must have a Microsoft or work or school account.
You can log in to SharePoint Online using the following steps:
- Go to the Microsoft 365 login page. This page can be accessed by going to https://www.office.com/. Once you’ve arrived at the site, click on the user login icon in the page’s top-right corner.
- Enter your username or email address and click “Sign In”. You may be prompted to enter a code If you have two-factor authentication enabled. If so, enter the code provided. If you are having trouble logging in to SharePoint Online, make sure you use the correct email address and password, and try resetting your password if necessary.
- Once you’ve entered your credentials correctly, you will be redirected to the Microsoft 365 Landing page. Click on the App Launcher waffle (nine little dots) located in the top-left corner of the page.
- Select “SharePoint” from the list of available apps in the navigation menu. If you do not see SharePoint listed, select All Apps, then scroll through the list or use the search tool.
- You’ll be taken to the SharePoint Online homepage, where you can start creating sites, sharing documents, and more. You’ll also see your frequent sites listed on the page.
Generally, When a site owner invites you to a SharePoint site, you should receive an email invitation along with the link to the site unless the site owner skips the email invitation.
If you’re using a mobile device, you can access your SharePoint Online content by downloading the SharePoint app from your app store. Once you’ve installed the app, you’ll be prompted to enter your Office 365 account credentials. Once you’re logged in, you’ll be able to access your content.
Logging into SharePoint Online is easy once you know where to go and what steps are necessary! Whether this is your first time logging in to Sharepoint or if you just need a refresher, By following these instructions, you should now be able to access the powerful features that this platform has available for its users. Now that you’ve logged in successfully once already, logging in again should be a breeze from now on! Get out there and start collaborating! Good luck!