Requirement: Add image slideshow in SharePoint Online.
How to Create a Picture Slideshow in SharePoint Online?
One of the best ways to showcase your images in SharePoint Online is by creating a picture slideshow. In this article, we will explain how to create a picture slideshow in SharePoint Online from a library. To add a slideshow to SharePoint Online modern pages, you can use the built-in Image Gallery web part. The Image Gallery web part is a built-in feature that allows you to display images from a document library in a slideshow format, complete with customizable settings for the slide duration, and more. Here are the basic steps to add a slideshow using the Image Library:
To create an image Slideshow, you first need to create a new document library and upload the images you want to include in the slideshow. Then, you can add the image gallery web part to any modern page and customize the settings as needed.
Step 1: Create a Document Library and Upload Images to it
- Navigate to the SharePoint Online site where you need to create the document library. Click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner and select “Site Contents” from the dropdown menu. Click on “New” and select “Document Library” from the list of options. Give the library a name and click on “Create”.
- To upload images to the library, click on the “Upload” button from the library toolbar and select the images you want to upload from your local computer. You can also drag and drop files directly into the library.
Step 2: Add the Image Gallery Web Part to a Modern page and Customize it
As far next step, You have to add the image gallery web part to the page where you want the slide show. This is the equivalent of “Picture Library Slideshow Web Part” in the classic experience.
- Navigate to the modern SharePoint Online page, where you want to add the slideshow.
- Click on the “Edit” button in the top-right corner of the page”
- Click on the “+” button and select “Image Gallery”.
- Select the Library where you have uploaded your images for the slideshow. Set the style of the Image gallery as “Carousel”.
- Republish the page.
Overall, creating an image slideshow in SharePoint Online can be a useful way to showcase your images in a visually engaging and interactive format. If you want to create a clickable rotating banner in SharePoint Online, use: How to Create a Rotating Banner in SharePoint Online?