Requirement: Resend Azure AD guest user invitation.
How to resend guest user invitation for SharePoint Online External User Access?
Have you ever had to send the invitation again to the guest user as the guest user claims he didn’t receive the invitation email? As an administrator, you may need to resend Azure AD guest invitations. Maybe a user lost their invitation, or the original email was sent to the wrong person. In any case, you can easily resend those invitations to join them in your Azure AD, If a guest user has not yet redeemed their invitation. Here are the steps to resend Azure AD guest invitation:
- Log in to the Azure portal at https://aad.portal.azure.com as an Azure AD administrator.
- Under the “Users” node in the left navigation, Search and select the guest user account you had invited earlier.
- Under the user profile tab, In the Identity section, You can see whether the invitation is accepted or not! Click on the “Manage” link.
- Select the “Yes” option to resend under “Resend invite?”. This will trigger a new Email invitation to the guest user.
- This will also generate an invitation URL you can share with the user.
Resend Guest User Invitation using PowerShell
Rather than manual doing this, you can use a PowerShell script to automate the process. Sending the external user or guest user invitation again is no different from inviting them for the first time. Here is the PowerShell to send the invite again:
#Config Variables $TenantDomain = "crescent.com" $GuestName= "George" $GuestEmail = "[email protected]" $SiteURL = "https://crescent.sharepoint.com/sites/marketing" #Connect to Azure AD Connect-AzureAD -TenantDomain $TenantDomain #Invite Guest User New-AzureADMSInvitation -InvitedUserDisplayName $GuestName -InvitedUserEmailAddress $GuestEmail -InviteRedirectURL $SiteURL -SendInvitationMessage $True #Disconnect Azure AD Disconnect-AzureAD
Here are the steps to invite an external user to an Azure AD for SharePoint Online.