Requirement: Create a Team in Microsoft Teams
How to Create a New Team from Teams Admin Center?
In Microsoft Teams, you can create a new team from the Teams admin center or from the Microsoft Teams application. In this blog post, we will show you how to create a team using Microsoft Teams Admin Center as well as from the Teams desktop app:
- Login to Microsoft Teams Admin Center at https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/
- Expand “Teams” >> “Manage teams” >> Click on “Add” button in the toolbar.
- Fill the information for your new team, such as Name, description, privacy (Private or Public) >> Click on “Apply” once done.
- Once the team is created, it will appear in the Teams Admin Center, and in Microsoft Teams client as well.
Once the Team is created, You can manage members/owners of the team from the Teams client application.
Create a Team using Microsoft Teams Client
There are a few different ways to create a team when it comes to Microsoft Teams. This time, let’s walk you through the process of creating a new team in the Microsoft Teams client application.
- Open Microsoft Teams client application >>Select “Teams” >> Click on “Join or Create a team”
- Select “Create team”
- Select “From scratch”. You can also select other options if applicable to you.
- Choose the Privacy of the team, such as “Private”, “Public” or “Org-wide”
- Provide a name and description to your Team and click on “Create”. You should see “Nice work!” message shortly.
- Add members to the team. Once added, you can promote them as “Owners” too.
Once a team is created, you can edit the team you are in by selecting the three dots “…” next to the team name and then selecting “Manage Team.