How to Restore Deleted Files in Microsoft Teams?
Requirement: Restore deleted files from teams.
How to restore a deleted file in Teams?
Microsoft Teams is a popular collaboration platform that allows team members to chat, share files, and work together on projects. It can be used to store project files, presentations, and other important documents. Sometimes significant files can be accidentally deleted, causing frustration and lost productivity. Luckily, Microsoft Teams provides a simple way to restore deleted files, and in this article, we’ll show you how.
There are several reasons why you might need to restore a deleted file in Teams. Perhaps a team member accidentally deleted an important document or a file was mistakenly removed during a cleanup process. Whatever the reason, restoring deleted files can prevent data loss and help ensure that your team’s work is not disrupted.
Steps to Restore a Deleted File in Teams
If your files were accidentally deleted, you could restore them from the Recycle Bin of the associated SharePoint Online site. The Recycle Bin is a temporary storage location, and it stores deleted files for a limited period of time – 93 days.
To restore a deleted file in Microsoft Teams, you can follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Teams and navigate to the channel where the file was originally located.
- Click on the Files tab in the top navigation menu.
- In the Files tab, click “Open in SharePoint” from the command bar to open the SharePoint site where the files are stored.
- This launches the associated SharePoint Online site. Click on the “Recycle bin” link on the site’s left navigation. If you don’t see Recycle bin, Click on Settings >> Site contents and you’ll see it in the toolbar.
- On the Recycle bin page, select the file(s) you wish to restore. Once the file is selected, click on the Restore button in the command bar.
- The file will be restored to its original location in the channel.
That’s it! You have now restored a deleted file in Microsoft Teams. The process is simple and easy, so you can quickly recover any accidentally deleted files and keep your team’s work on track.
Best Practices for Restoring Deleted Files in Teams
Here are some best practices to follow when restoring deleted files in Teams:
- Act quickly: If you accidentally delete a file, restore it as soon as possible to prevent data loss. If the file was deleted more than 93 days ago, it may no longer be available in the Recycle bin and cannot be restored.
- Use the Recycle bin: Always check the first-stage and second-stage recycle bins first, before assuming that a file is permanently deleted.
- Educate team members: Train your team members on how to use Teams, including restoring deleted files, to avoid accidental deletion.
- Implement retention policies: Consider implementing retention policies in Teams to ensure that deleted files are retained for a specific period of time.
In conclusion, restoring a deleted file in Teams is a quick and simple process that can prevent data loss and keep your team’s work on track. Data loss can occur in any system, and Microsoft Teams is no exception. Whether it’s due to accidental deletion or malicious intent, restoring lost files in Teams is essential for business continuity. In this article, We’ve provided a step-by-step guide to restoring deleted files in Teams. By following the steps and best practices outlined in this article, you can easily restore deleted files and ensure that your team’s work is not disrupted.