Requirement: Create a survey in SharePoint Online.
Create a survey in SharePoint Online
Have you ever needed to create a survey to collect data from users? Creating a survey in SharePoint Online is a quick and easy way to collect feedback from a large audience. If you’re looking for an efficient way to create a survey in SharePoint Online, follow these steps:
- Login to your SharePoint Online site >> Click on “New” >> “App” from the command bar.
- Click on the “Classic Experience” link in the “My Apps” page (URL Shortcut: /_layouts/15/addanapp.aspx).
- Scroll down and click on the “Next” arrow in the page navigation at the bottom to go to the next page. Select the “Survey” App. Alternatively, you can type “Survey” in the search box and pick.
- Give a name to your survey and click on the “Create” button.
- The survey list will be created, and You’ll be taken to the site contents page.
- Click on the Survey to open it. Begin adding questions to the survey from Settings >> Add Questions.
- Add questions for the survey as per your requirements. You can choose from a variety of question types, including choice, rating scale, etc. Here, I’ve added a choice for “Departments”.
- Click on the “Next Question” button at the bottom to add another question to the survey.
- I’ve added one more of rating type for “Your Overall Rating”.
- Click on “Finish” once you are done with the survey questions.
Here is the result of the Survey created:
SharePoint Online surveys are easy to create, easy to use, highly customizable, and easy to distribute. With SharePoint Online, you can reach a large audience with your survey and collect valuable data that can be used to improve your business. You can also create surveys and polls in Microsoft Forms and add them to SharePoint Online pages: How to Add Microsoft Forms to SharePoint Online?
The “Team Collaboration Lists” Feature must be enabled under site features to get the Survey app in SharePoint Online. Go to your SharePoint Online site >> Click on Settings gear >> Site Information >> View All Site settings. In the site settings page, click on “Manage site features” >> Find the “Team Collaboration Lists” and click on “Activate”.
More info: How to Enable Missing Apps (Picture Library, Survey, Announcements, Etc.) in Communication Sites?
Go to the survey overview page >> Export SharePoint survey results to excel by clicking Actions >> Export to Spreadsheet.
More info: SharePoint Online survey export to Excel
To allow multiple responses from a user, do the following: Navigate to your Survey >> Click on “Setting” >> Survey Settings >> Click on “List name, description and navigation” >> Set “Allow multiple responses” to “Yes”.
Open the survey >> Click on the Settings menu >> select “Survey Settings”. Under Questions, click on the question to which you want to add branching logic. Use the “Branching Logic” section dropdown list for each possible response to the question, and select the question that you want to branch to.
Grant everyone “Contribute” permission to respond to a survey. Ensure that “Edit their own response” is checked in the Advanced settings of the survey.