Requirement: Find All Items Shared with External Users in SharePoint Online.
How to Generate External Sharing Report in SharePoint Online?
External sharing is a great way to collaborate with people outside your organization, but keeping track of who you’re sharing with and what permissions they have is also essential. The External Sharing Report can help you do just that. So, if you are looking for a way to get a detailed report on who is sharing your SharePoint content externally, I’ll show you how to generate an external sharing report in SharePoint Online step by step.
- To get started, go to the SharePoint Online site.
- Click on the Settings gear >> Click on the “Site usage” link.
- On the Site usage analytics page, scroll down to the “Shared with external users” section and click on “Run report”.
- Pick a Folder to save the report and click Run report. You can also create a New Folder and hit the Save button.
- Wait for a while, and You’ll see the External sharing report created on the selected location in the CSV format. Momentarily, you’ll receive an email saying the report is ready.
This report shows all the users who have been given access to your SharePoint Online site, lists and libraries, Folders and files, and what level of access they have.
From there, you can export the report to Excel for further analysis or take immediate action by removing unwanted external users from your site. Either way, the External Sharing Report is a valuable tool for keeping your SharePoint Online site secure.
Create Sharing Report in OneDrive for Business
A similar sharing report in OneDrive for Business sites is also possible.
- Open the OneDrive site in the Browser.
- Click on Settings >> click OneDrive settings.
- On the OneDrive settings page, Click More Settings, and then click Run Sharing Report.
- Choose a location to save the report, and then click Save.
Now, you can analyze and take further steps to secure your organization’s data.