SharePoint Online navigation switcher is rolled out finally! A much-awaited feature enables you to change the navigation to either vertical (top navigation) or Horizontal (left navigation). In the past, Only communication sites had Horizontal top navigation, and Team sites were left with quick launch navigation vertically. Now, Microsoft introduced the navigation switcher options for team sites that let us change the navigation orientation to Horizontal or vertical (No change in the “Communication” site template, though!). Here are the steps to switch the navigation in SharePoint Online:
- Login to your SharePoint Online site >> Click on the Settings gear
- Click on “Change the Look” in the settings menu
- Click on “Navigation” under “Change the look” pane.
- Now, you can set the orientation of the navigation to either “Horizontal” or “Vertical”. You can also hide the navigation by turning off the “Site Navigation visibility” switch.
- Click on the “Save” button to commit your changes.
We also have the ability to set horizontal navigation to “Mega Menu” or “Cascading Menu”.