Problem: “This view cannot be displayed because the number of lookup and workflow status columns it contains exceeds the threshold (8) enforced by the administrator.”
Usually, You’ll get this error message when your List view has many Lookup fields. The threshold feature is introduced in SharePoint 2010 to avoid performance hits in SharePoint Server. So, the simplest solution would be to limit the number of lookup/workflow fields in the SharePoint list view.
Please note, Not just “Lookup” fields are counted for threshold! If you have the below columns in the view, they are also counted:
- Managed Metadata columns
- People/Group Columns (including: Created by, Modified by)
- Workflow Status column
How to Increase List view Threshold value in SharePoint 2013?
In case you want to increase this limit, follow these steps:
- Go to your SharePoint 2010/SharePoint 2013 Central Admin site
- Click on Application Management >> Manage web applications
- Select your target web application >> Click on “General settings >> Resource throttling” from the ribbon.
- In the Resource throttling page, You can increase the List View Lookup Threshold from the default value to whatever you need.