Create a News Post in SharePoint Online
Requirement: Create a News page in SharePoint Online.
How to Create a News Post in SharePoint Online?
SharePoint is a powerful collaboration and content management platform that allows you to easily share information and resources with your team and other stakeholders. With SharePoint Online, you can create and manage news posts, as well as other types of content, from anywhere with an internet connection. In this tutorial, we will show you how to create a News post in SharePoint Online, including how to add text, images, and other multimedia content to make your post more engaging and informative.
To create a News page in SharePoint Online, you will need to follow these steps:
- Login to your SharePoint Online site in the browser.
- From the command bar, click “New”, and select “News Post”.
- Select a template for your news page. E.g., “Blank” and click the “Create Post” button.
- On the new page, Enter the Title for the page. This will become the name of your page. You can rename the page if needed at a later point in time.
- Add sections to divide the page layout as required.
- Insert widgets to the page, such as Text, images, etc., and add content to the page. You can customize the appearance and settings of the news web part by clicking on the gear icon and selecting “Edit Web Part”.
- When you are finished, click the “Publish post” button to post news.
Your news page is now ready to display the latest news and updates from your SharePoint site. You need to have at least “Edit” permissions to create or edit News pages on the SharePoint Online site.
Few points to ponder:
- News pages in SharePoint Online can be created either from the Home page or from “Site Pages” library.
- All News pages are stored in the “Site Pages” library of the site. You can edit and republish if needed.
- News pages can be grouped, sorted, filtered using “News” web part in modern SharePoint Online pages.